how to manage mosquito bites
There’s so much to love about summertime — sunny days, picnics, flip-flops, beach days, vacation days, bonfires, cookouts … the list goes on and on!
One thing we’re sure you’ll NEVER find on a list of favorite summer things: mosquitos and their itchy bites!
Although generally harmless, in many parts of the country, mosquitos are even known to carry diseases like eastern equine encephalitis (EEE). For the most part, however, mosquito bites are more of a nuisance, causing itchiness, swelling, and other skin irritation around the site of the bite for a day or two, sometimes three.
In any instance, the best way to deal with mosquitos is to avoid them if you can and soothe those bites when they happen. Here’s how:
- Try to avoid mosquito bites from the start by using a safe, effective bug spray whenever you’re outdoors, especially after dusk. Bug off spray is specially formulated with essential oils, safe for the entire family, and, perhaps best of all, DEET free!
- Wipe down outdoor furniture with pure haven glass cleaner or surface cleaner. The smell of peppermint, lemon grass, and tea tree oil is known to repel mosquitos.
- Use mosquito-repelling candles when sitting outdoors. Pure haven’s bug off candle contains citronella, rosemary, and cedarwood, widely recognized for their ability to keep mosquitos away.
- If you do get a mosquito bite, soothe it with neem-o. Made with skin-nourishing ingredients like neem oil, along with tea tree, lavender, and chamomile, it’s a must-have for calming all sorts of skin irritations and is especially popular for use on mosquito bites.
- Another safe, skin-soothing product like pure haven boo boo stick is also helpful. Boo boo stick is loaded with skin-loving botanicals.
The bottom line? Get your hands on these pure haven products and prepare to manage mosquito bites this summer! Don’t wait — our bug off and neem-o products are only around for a limited time. Contact your Consultant to place your order today.